Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A 2 Parter! Egg White and Yolk Facial Mask

A homemade egg white and egg yolk facial that takes a bit of time, but is worth the wait.









The Recipe:
This recipe is from makeup-care. There are actually two parts to this, which I like because the first part uses an egg white and the second half uses the egg yolk. No waste!

My Recipe Suggestions:
I didn’t cook my oatmeal first and instead lessened the amount and added enough hot water at the end to make the mask hold together. If you’ve never separated an egg before, watch this YouTube video.

How to Use:
I found getting this mask on my face to be extremely difficult. It kept falling off, even five and ten minutes after it had been applied. This meant I was stuck hovering around the sink waiting for pieces of fall away. The good news: I got my dishes done. The bad news: I was a prisoner of the sink. 

A quick application of part two, the egg yolk, was much easier than part one. As it dried, my face was most certainly frozen in one position. Having a conversation would have been difficult with the egg yolk on.

After the Mask:
After part one of this mask was done, my face was feeling pretty good. It was definitely glowing more than before. Because part two was tight on my skin, it felt good to get it off at the end of the half hour. More than that, my skin felt great after!

Ease: Not the cleanest mask I’ve tried so far. It’s hard to get it to stick.
Effectiveness: This mask was a bit more time-consuming with its two part series, but it felt really great during and after.

Your Turn: When I was a kid, I always loved to play with face paint. Part two of this mask reminded me of that as it dried and crinkled on my face. Did you ever play with face paint as a child? Or perhaps you were like my brother and used Mom’s makeup as “face paint”?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tried it? Love it? Hate it?