Monday, April 18, 2011

Yogurt and Oatmeal Facial (No, it's not a parfait!)



The Recipe:
Another about.com find! This one's written by Julyne Derrick. It's really simple—only three ingredients. A tablespoon of oatmeal to a tablespoon of natural yogurt and a few drops of honey are all that is needed for this (great smelling) face mask.

 My Recipe Suggestions:
 I grabbed my yogurt right out of the fridge and let me tell you, it was C-O-L-D! Next time I’d let it warm to room temperature before mixing it in. The recipe also calls for the oats to be ground finely, which I didn’t have the capabilities to do. The whole oats made for a more difficult application, but it’s doable with some patience.

How to Use:
Simply apply and wait! If you didn’t get to grind the oatmeal (like me), applying the actual oat part can be difficult because it likes to fall off. Be patient and try to get the oats to stick. Once it starts drying, they’ll stay put.

After the Mask:
As with my previous oatmeal face masks, I took off the larger pieces before rinsing my face to avoid clogging the sink. The mask was definitely dried and crisp after 15 minutes, but it felt good on and my skin definitely feels happier than it did before. It feels less oily and more tightened.

Cost: Drops of honey—I have no idea how to calculate this…I got a 24 oz bottle for $4.69
        1 Tbsp Oatmeal approx. $0.01
        1 Tbsp Yogurt – approx. $0.09
Ease: This was too easy. Definitely a quick one to whip up when you don’t have a lot of time (or dishes).
Effectiveness: Oatmeal seems to be a winning ingredient across the board! I’d use this one again.
Stress Relief: It was nice just to sit still and let this one dry. It’s one that you don’t want to move your face a lot with it on, so it almost forced me to chill for a while.

Your Turn:
It’s time for you to get in there and try one of these facials out! Pick one that I’ve tried here (or one of your own that you’d like to recommend for me to try!) and post your review here. I’d love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tried it? Love it? Hate it?