Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baking Soda Face Mask


Everyone from Kate Middleton to the girl next door worries about their skin. This is why Kate visited a spa before her Royal Wedding for an oxygen facial treatment. It is also why you’ll love to try this baking soda face mask. It may not be as high-tech as Kate’s oxygen-gun administered treatment, but that doesn’t mean it won’t work!

The Recipe:
This recipe is from livestrong.com and is mega-easy. Baking soda plus enough water to make a thick paste is all you need to get going.

My Recipe Suggestions:
Add water slowly. You need less than you think! Also, make sure the water is warm. This just makes the mask more pleasant to apply.

How to Use:
Application was pretty easy, though I recommend doing it over the counter since it wasn’t a pristine process. As soon as the mask started to dry on my face, it also started to flake off. So much came off that I didn’t even wait the full twenty minutes. After fifteen, I had a whole pile of baking soda all over my desk, shirt, and lap from it falling off. But the mask still felt great! Somewhat tingly. It felt like my face was being oxygenated. So take that, Kate!

After the Mask:
Removal was simple. No clogging drains and no fuss. And washing the baking soda off was almost like using a gentle facial scrub. However, cleaning up all the powder and pieces that fell off required a bit more clean up.

Ease: Making the mask is so quick and simple! Keeping clean while wearing it proved to be a bit of a challenge.
Effectiveness: So great! Definitely apply moisturizer afterward though otherwise this mask may dry out your skin.


Your Turn: The thick paste reminded me of the corn starch and water “goop” that we made in elementary school. What ooey-gooey projects do you remember from the good old days?

1 comment:

  1. I generally don't try too many at-home remedies simply because they require too many or too obscure of ingredients. But this looks so simple! It sounds like it works well too. I will definitely be trying this! Perhaps a post-finals pampering? I think so.

    Love how you tied this in with the royal wedding as well : )

    ReplyDelete

Tried it? Love it? Hate it?